Goal of the Program:
To provide education and training to new travel agents, which will give them the necessary foundation to be successful independent travel agents with Magical Moments Vacations (MMV). The New Agent Edcuation program will provide the new agent with training in a mentored environment which will allow them to gain experience in the following areas:
- MMV Agency Policies and Procedures
- Booking of Vacation Packages – Preferred Suppliers, Where to book, Registration Instructions, Qualifying Clients
- Maintaining a client database and client relations
- Entering bookings into MMV accounting software for payment of commission
- Best business practices – growing and maintaining clientele and referrals
- Vacation destination training
- Marketing and Social Media
- Specific Training for MMV Specialties: Disney Destinations, All-Inclusives, and Cruises
About the Program:
The agent will enter into the program by signing our agency contract which is an auto-renewing yearly contract and paying the administrative fee. The agent will be placed into our Facebook Group specific to the New Agent Training Program to begin their training. It facilitates the agent to work independently, while having the support of the Program Coordinator, Learning Modules and the accompanying Facebook Group. Additionally, our agency Advisory Council, Agency Admins and Owner, will be part of this group to answer questions and provide guidance as needed.
The new agent will be assigned an MMV email address, and will also be required to use our client management software – ClientEase, to maintain their client database, and enter in bookings. Additionally, the agent will be encouraged to create a business Facebook page to advertise their business. The agent will be given access to the agent page of our website, including our Supplier Booking information, which provides detailed instructions on registering independently for supplier accounts. Agents will be responsible for all quotes and bookings as it pertains to their clients. Trips booked during this program will be managed completely by the program participant with guidance from the Program Coordinator and agency management as needed.
Upon successful completion of training, the agent will graduate, and be placed into our MMV Facebook Group.
Admission into the Program
Select New Agents will be accepted. They must show strong potential based on their application and phone interview. All agents must be approved by Jen Kistler.
The application process will include:
- A complete application form: https://www.magicalmomentsvacations.com/careers
- Phone interviews will be conducted with strong applicants
- Offers to join the program will be sent out
- Contracts must be signed, and payments processed with MMV and Clientease prior to starting.
Program Length: 6 months
The program is designed to be completed within a 6-month time span. Agents are expected to “graduate” after one six-month session. If the agent feels an extra six-month session of the same curriculum is needed, they may continue in the training program for an additional 6-month term - one time. If successful completion is not met after 2 sessions, the contract will not be renewed. Upon graduation, the agent will be migrated to our main FB groups for experienced agents.
You are able to start training with all suppliers immediately upon sigining your contract.
Agents are able to have a listing on the MMV website after graduation. While in the academy training program, you will want to create and develope a strong online presence via FB (and other forms of social media). It's the best way to grow your business, and excellent for advertising and building a clientel.
$350 First Year Administrative Fee, subsequent years auto-renew at $250/yr.
- Errors & Omissions Insurance - $1,000,000 policy with $500 IC deductible
- Postage fees. This includes standard mailing of documents via USPS Mail to the IC, Should the agent request rush/overnight/expedited services, the IC agrees to cover such expense.
- Agency Email – We have agency email available and recommended for your use. If using an MMV email, you are required to use it for all agency business with MMV. You may elect to use an @mmvagent.com or @magicalmomentsvacations.com email address. Format is first initial, last name (ex. jsmith)
- Direct Deposit – Commissions are paid via Direct Deposit.
- Clientease Software - MMV uses ClientEase for our Client Relationship Management Software. The software is mandatory, and is billed and supported directly from ClientEase. This is included in your administrative fee.
**Upon completion of the 6-month program these fees will cover the entire year. Your contract and administrative fees renew on a yearly basis.
- Module 1: Agency Best Practices
- Who’s Who and Who to Contact for What
- ClientEase Training – Entering of bookings upon deposit
- Getting set up with suppliers / registration
- Facebook rules, etiquette, business page set up / compliance
- Client communication and follow-up
- Quoting Process
- Marketing Guidelines
- Booking Process and Procedures
- Travel Insurance
- Booking Airfare with Service Fee
Module 2: Disney Destinations and Universal Orlando
- Ins and Outs of Walt Disney World bookings
- Disney Cruise Line
- Use of the Authorized Disney Vacation Planner designation
Module 3: All-Inclusive Resorts
- Preferred Suppliers
- Resort Brands
- Charter Air Markets and Suppliers
- Bundling components
- Traveling abroad requirements
Module 4: Cruise Vacations
- Cruise lines and their fleets
- Quoting a cruise: knowing what’s included and what is an extra cost
- Documentation requirements
Module 5: Marketing Best Practices
- Utilizing social media
- Booking Events
- Creating email lists
- Keeping in touch with your clients
- Check Ins will be required monthly with the Program Coordinator.
- A New Agent Training Facebook group will be provided for the participants. All questions can be asked in the group.
Experienced Agents who are already IATA/CLIA qualified, will take the only the MMV Policies and Procedures, and MMV Best Business Practice Modules. There are no further requirements After completion of those two modules, you'll be placed into our MMV Agents Group. Experienced agents may opt to participate in full MMV Academy if desire.
- New Agents must make a minimum of 6 bookings, qualifying bookings include:
- Walt Disney World/Universal Orlando packages: must be a room and tickets or dining package
- Disneyland packages: must include at least room and tickets
- All-inclusive resort bookings
- Packages to a destination that include multiple components. The following bookings do not count towards the requirements: Hotel-only bookings that are not all-inclusive resorts, Rental car only, Airfare only, Planning-fee only clients
- Successfully complete assignments
- Meet all deadlines for assignments and check ins
- Pass end-of-program assessments with a score of at least 80% on each assessment
- Maintenance of a professional decorum throughout the program
For bookings deposited during the New Agent Training Program, the commission amount will be split 70/30 between the agent and the agency. After payment of $5000 in commission in a 12 month period, the commission will be increased to 80%.
Either party can terminate this agreement so long as 14 days’ notice is provided to each other. MMV reserves the right to terminate the agreement without any notice should your participation be deemed to be harmful to MMV in any way. This is a time sensitive program. All assignments, modules, and monthly checkins are to be completed by the agent within the requested time frame. Should the agent fail to complete 3 or more of the requested components by the due date, participation in our program will be terminated. Should you decide to terminate your participation in the program, all bookings made and/or deposited with MMV will remain the property of MMV. No bookings will be transferred or cancelled under any circumstances. Your agency email address will be deactivated 30 days after notice of termination.