The National Association of Nigerian Nurses in North America (NANNNA) declares open the application for scholarships for the year 2024 to enable nurses to become Nurse Educators registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (NMCN).
1) Only staff already working at a College of Nursing Education as Clinical instructors or Preceptors should apply.
2) Applicants must be graduate nurses licensed with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
3) Applicants must provide proof of acceptance/eligibility for entry into a Professional Diploma in Education (PDE), Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PODE), or Post Graduate Diploma in Nursing Education (PGDNE) program from an approved partner Nigerian higher education institution.
4) Recipients must work as Nurse Educators for a minimum of two years upon completion of the program.
5) Applicants must have a demonstrated financial need for the scholarship and should not have access to other education funding sources, such as through their employer.
6) Selection preference will be given to nurses already working in the capacity of clinical instructors or preceptors in the College of Nursing institutions who meet the position standards set forth by the Council in 2018.
7) Selection preference will be given to applicants working in Nigerian states that are represented by the Nigerian states of origin of the NANNNA membership.
Selected nurses will receive sponsorship of the necessary college coursework to meet the minimum standards for registration with the Council as a Nurse Educator. This includes the actual costs of tuition, books, and fees up to a maximum of 500,000 Nigerian Naira per award.
Applications remain open through April 14, 2024.
ITEMS NEEDED TO SUBMIT APPLICATION
To complete your application you must upload the documents listed below in an electronic format.
- Professional resume
- A scanned copy of your nursing license
- A letter of recommendation from an employer or school department head
- Proof of acceptance into an academic program acceptable by the Council to register as a Nurse Educator
If you do not have the above documents on hand, it is highly suggested that you use the Save and Return option below to save your application process, then return later to upload the necessary documentation.