Your child has been referred by his/her counselor to receive school-based therapy services during the 2020-2021 school year. By signing below you are consenting to services and agreeing to the following terms:
- Students will be taken out of class time to be seen by the Center Associates therapist. The amount of time will vary from 20 to 50 minutes per session depending on individual need.
- A parent/guardian needs to be present for all Initial Assessments and Annual Reassessments as they come due. If a parent/guardian is unable to attend then the student will not be seen for school-based therapy.
- Parent/guardian involvement beyond the Initial Assessment will be determined by the Center Associates therapist. If it is decided that a parent/guardian is not effectively engaged in the student’s treatment, then he/she may be discharged from continued school-based therapy.
- This referral is not a guarantee of ongoing therapy throughout the school year. There may be instances in which the Center Associates therapist determines the student is not appropriate for school-based therapy. This information will be communicated with parents/guardians.
- If applicable, the student’s insurance will be billed for all therapy appointments. The Marshalltown Community School District will be responsible for paying any copayments accrued for school-based therapy services only.
- Any additional appointments (both therapy and medication management) occurring throughout the school year at the Center Associates office will be subject to Center Associates terms and conditions.
Any questions regarding school-based therapy services can be directed to your child’s school counselor, the Center Associates therapist assigned to your child’s school, or:
Kim Hagen, LISW