FreezerBurn Texas Department of Mutant Vehicles (DMV) Regulations
A Mutant Vehicle is a unique, motorized creation that shows little or no resemblance to its original form, or to any standard street vehicle, or is out of context from it’s normal setting. Registered, inspected, and approved Mutant Vehicles are the only personal vehicles that may drive during FreezerBurn. A golf cart with fur on it is not a mutant vehicle. We are looking for creativity and event participation.
Be aware that weather and environmental conditions are always in flux, and your art car (“Mutant Vehicle”) might not ever be the same for having been brought out to this event. By bringing your vehicle you are accepting FULL liability for your vehicle and any accidents you cause, including the responsibility of towing it if the situation arises.
Mutant Vehicles can cause serious injury and death at burns and are thus under elevated scrutiny. By signing this form, you are agreeing to the terms below. Violating these rules could result in you losing the ability to bring and/or operate Mutant Vehicles for the rest of the event and at future events.
- Mutant Vehicles must have plenty of clearance and be in reliable running condition. Maintenance of your vehicle is your responsibility.
- In the event of heavy rain before or during the event, Mutant Vehicles are encouraged to stay out of the back woods/ open camping areas because of muddy roads and deep ruts.
- Mutant Vehicle drivers MUST be sober and yield to pedestrians.
- Mutant Vehicles must be well-lit to receive a permit to drive at night. Upon inspection, the Department of Mutant Vehicles will make the final determination about night permits.
- Your Vehicle must not block roads, other vehicles, or emergency access when stopped.
- The speed limit is 5 mph.
- Headlight gels are required to drive Mutant Vehicles at night.
- If you pick up passengers, do not pick up more passengers than your vehicle can safely handle.
- Mutant Vehicle drivers MUST follow the instructions of volunteer leaders and emergency personnel.
Art Community Builders and the DMV lead reserve the right to revoke a DMV permit at any time during the event, with or without cause. Any Mutant Vehicle with a revoked or suspended permit must be returned to the participant’s camp or parking area immediately.
Once on the FreezerBurn land, Mutant Vehicles must be inspected and assigned a bumper sticker license. The DMV will provide headlight gels as needed. Bring your vehicle to HQ to finalize registration BEFORE driving it anywhere within the event.
By signing this form you acknowledge you have read all of these rules and agree to all of the terms within. *