FEE-HELP Loan Request Form

A FEE-HELP Loan Request Form is used to apply for a FEE-HELP loan to cover their tuition fees. The loan is available to eligible students under the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) and is designed to assist with the cost of education.

To be eligible for a FEE-HELP loan, a student must be:
  • an Australian citizen who will study at least one unit of your course of study in Australia; or
  • a New Zealand Special Category Visa (SCV) holder who meets the long term residency requirements and who studies the entire course while living in Australia; or
  • a permanent humanitarian visa holder; or an eligible former permanent humanitarian visa holder; who studies the entire course while living in Australia
The loan amount is capped and will depend on the student's individual circumstances and the cost of their course. The loan must be repaid to the Australian government when the student reaches the minimum repayment income threshold. The FEE-HELP Loan Request Form is an important step in the process of accessing financial assistance for higher education and should be completed carefully and accurately to ensure the best possible outcome.

Personal Details

Did you recently become an Australian Citizen? *

Long Term Residency Requirements:

Answer the questions below to determine whether you meet the long term residency requirements to receive FEE-HELP. The long-term residency requirements for New Zealand SCV holders are that you:
First began to be usually resident in Australia at least 10 years ago *
Were a child under the age of 18 with no spouse or de facto partner when you first began to be usually resident in Australia *
Have been in Australia for at least a total of eight out of the past 10 years (from when you apply for the loan). *
Have been in Australia for at least a total of 18 months out of the last two years (from when you apply for the loan). *
To assess your eligibility, it is important that you provide a copy of your movement record. To obtain this record, please visit the immigration home affairs website at https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/request-international-movement-records and request a copy of your movement record. Having this information will ensure a smooth and efficient assessment process for your FEE-HELP application. Please upload this below:

Unfortunately you are not eligible for FEE-HELP as you do not meet all the long term residency requirements. Please contact studentsupport@ac.edu.au to discuss your payment options. 

Course Details

Terms & Conditions

By clicking the “Accept” button on this request form, I am declaring that I agree to the following statements:
  1. I have provided correct and accurate information and understand that it is my responsibility to ensure that the information provided to Alphacrucis University College is current and up-to-date.

  2. I have read the FEE-HELP Information Booklet and information provided at studyassist.gov.au https://www.studyassist.gov.au/help-loans/fee-help

  3. I am requesting FEE‑HELP (NU) loan assistance from the Commonwealth to be paid to my course provider on my behalf.

  4. I have an obligation to repay through the ATO the amount that the Commonwealth has loaned me, plus the 20% loan fee if applicable*, regardless of whether I complete my studies or not, and regardless of where I live, including overseas.

  5. My debt to the Commonwealth will remain if I withdraw or cancel my enrolment from my unit of study or course after the census date but my HELP balance may be re-credited by Alphacrucis University College Limited in special circumstances. I can visit www.studyassist.gov.au(opens new window) for more information.

  6. My FEE‑HELP loan will form part of my HELP debt which will be indexed annually in line with HESA, which I also agree to repay to the Commonwealth through the ATO.

  7. I must start repaying my HELP debt through the Australian tax system once my income is above the minimum compulsory repayment threshold. The threshold is indexed annually. Repayments made through the Australian taxation system are called 'compulsory repayments'. In accordance with Chapter 4 of HESA, these repayments will continue while my income is above the compulsory repayment threshold until I have repaid my whole HELP debt, even if I have not completed my studies and regardless of whether I have moved overseas.

  8. HELP debts are managed by the ATO. I can view my HELP debt, confirm my payment reference number, and view payment options online. To do so, I will need to create a myGov account and link it to the ATO's online services. I can find out how at: www.ato.gov.au/General/Online-services/Create-your-myGov-account-and-link-it-to-the-ATO(opens new window). For more information on repaying my HELP debt, I can visit www.ato.gov.au(opens new window) or phone 13 28 61 between 8.00 am and 6.00 pm, Monday to Friday AEST.

    *A 20% loan fee is applied to each enrolled unit for undergraduate courses at time of census date.

I Accept and Understand the Terms and Conditions of FEE-HELP Loan Application *