Please read the following information about VET student loans:
1. General information about the loan:
a) this is a loan from the Commonwealth, and
b) the loan will remain a personal debt until it is repaid to the Commonweath, and
c) the loan may, until the debt is repaid, reduce a student's take-home (after-tax) wage or salary and may reduce the student's borrowing capacity, and
d) a student may wish to seek independant financial advice before applying for a loan.
2. You may be required during the course to communicate your agreement that the Secretary continue to use the VET student loan to pay tuition fees for the course (student progression and engagement requirements).
Students will be required to complete an electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form (eCAF) to apply for Commonwealth assistance for this course. Please note that you must meet the citizenship eligibilty requirements and have a current Tax File Number. For more information, please refer to the VET student loan eCAF Fact Sheet
4. The maximum amount of a VET student loan that may be available for the course is $10,000. The amount of the loan cannot be greater than the student's remaining VETSL balance.
5. The total VET student loan debt you may incur if you receive the maximum VET student loan of $10,000 would be $12,000 which includes the student loan fee of 20%.
6. The tuition fees will be reasonably apportioned across three sequential fee periods. Each fee period will contain one census date.
Census Date Information:
The census date is the last day that you can:
a) complete an eCAF to apply for a VET student loan for your course
b) withdraw your enrolment without incurring a debt for the course or part of the course
If you withdraw before the census date for a course or part of a course, you will not incur a VET student loan debt for the course or part of the course and will receive a refund for any tuition fees already paid for the course or part of the course.
For more information on withdrawing from a course or part of a course before the census date, please refer to the Refund Policy
found on the Alphacrucis website
Please refer to the Fees Information
page on the Alphacrucis website for information on:
a) tuition fees for the course
b) the fee periods for the course
c) the census dates for each of the fee periods for the course
Please note: it is important for an enrolled student to notify Alphacrucis College of any change of contact details.
The department will contact you to verify your enrolment in the course.